Undergraduate Open REACH Training – March 26th, 12:30 – 2:00 PM
- Navigate to the “REACH” tab under the “Education” section to complete your registration.
RUOK? Day – March 6th, 2019
- Each March, students and OSU advisers from the Buckeye Campaign Against Suicide organize RUOK? Day as a way to encourage Ohio State students, faculty and staff to think about the people in their lives who may struggle with personal difficulties and take action – simply by starting a conversation.
OSUSPP staff members attending RUOK? Day and engaging with interested members of our campus community.
2019 NASPA Conference for Military-Connected Students (Las Vegas, NV) – February 8th, 2019
- Held annually, the focus of this conference is on effective strategies to serve and support the success of veterans and other military-connected students.
OSUSPP and Col. Carrell traveled to Las Vegas to give a talk about preventing military student suicide at the 2019 NASPA Conference.
Stories of Hope – November 28th, 2018
- A social event with hot cocoa and the spreading of hope.
OSUSPP Interns run the Stories of Hope table in the Union gathering students to fill the tree with leaves of hopeful words.
BCAS Luminary Event – November 20th, 2018
- In connection with the International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day, BCAS invites students together to share their stories with each other to find comfort as they cope and heal from a loss by suicide.
Students gathered in the South Oval to remember those they know who have died by suicide during this annual event.
Out of Darkness Walk – October 7, 2018
- When you walk in the Out of the Darkness Walks, you join the effort with hundreds of thousands of people to raise awareness and funds that allow the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) to invest in new research, create educational programs, advocate for public policy, and support survivors of suicide loss.
OSUSPP staff participated in the Out of Darkness Walk held on October 7th
Annual Outreach Events
The Ohio State University Suicide Prevention Program (OSUSPP) is involved with a variety of suicide prevention outreach events. Whether hosted at OSU by SPP-affiliated student organizations or held out in the local community, these events are important to increasing suicide prevention advocacy, building connections, and fostering hope. Click the links below to learn more about the RUOK? Day interactive mental health fair (an OSU Signature Event), the REACH© 5K race/walk, the Survivor’s Day Luminary, and the Franklin County Out of the Darkness Walk.