Suicide prevention is a shared campus responsibility. Join the REACH© movement! Save a life!
Anyone can help prevent suicide by learning the risks, warning signs, and how to intervene. REACH© is the name of the OSU suicide prevention gatekeeper training program designed to help the OSU community prevent suicide by teaching faculty, staff and students how to:
Recognize warning signs
Engage with empathy
Ask directly about suicide
Help suicidal individuals to access care and treatment
OSUSPP only offers REACH© Trainings to university and student affiliated organizations, departments, colleges and programs. Participants who finish the training receive certificates and pins verifying their completion of the program.
Important Training Request Details:
- Please submit ONE form per requested training date/time using the form below.
- We experience a high volume of training requests every week – a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice is required.
- We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we work to fulfill your request and match one of our trainers to your date and time. We will contact you within two weeks of receiving your training request to confirm your status (if you do not receive an email from us, please follow up!).
- The training is best experienced and designed to last the full 90 minutes. If your allotted time does not permit a 90-minute block, please contact the suicide prevention office to discuss options.
- Please note that we are unable to personalize the REACH© Training for groups, as the content is intended to be applicable for everyone on OSU’s campus. However, we encourage groups to make the training personal by asking questions and engaging in dialogue with our trainers!
Group REACH© Training Request
Group REACH© Trainings are designed for students, staff, and faculty, on the Columbus campus and regional campuses, who are a part of an organization, team, or department that would like to be trained together. Group trainings can be scheduled for groups that have at least 3 participants. The Suicide Prevention Program does not choose the dates/times/locations for group trainings. Rather, requestors must have a preferred date and time, as well as a secured location reserved (equipped with computer and projector), before submitting a request. Location reservations should begin at least 15 minutes before the actual training start time to allow for set up and participant sign in. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.