Student Wellness Center
Located at B130 RPAC 337 Annie and John Glenn Ave Columbus, OH 43210
Hours: During Academic year – M-F 9am-9pm
Student Wellness Center’s Mission:
To empower students to strive for balance and wellness.
“Wellness” is an active, ongoing process which involves becoming aware of and taking steps toward a healthier, happier, more successful life.
The Student Wellness Center has variety of services for students. Please click here if you would like additional information on all of their services.
- Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Services
- Free programs that help student make better substance use decision and reduce risk for substance-related harm.
- HIV/STI Testing and Coaching
- Provides free, anonymous and confidential HIV/Chlamydia/Gonorrhea testing for students.
- Nutrition Coaching
- A free educational service that includes nutrition assessment and goal setting.
- Scarlet and Grey Financial Coaching
- A free service that assists students in creating the life they desire through one on one financial planning appointments.
- Wellness Coaching
- A free service that takes a positive approach to personal development by helping identify strengths and set goals
- Collegiate Recovery Community
- Provides support to students in or seeking recovery from drug or alcohol addiction by providing specialized services and a supportive peer community.
- Condom Club
- A service available to all OSU students, providing condoms and other barriers at a discounted rate.
For staff and faculty looking to provide a presentation for their students here is a list of the topic areas. Please click on the topic area for a specific presentations.
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Prevention
- Financial Education
- Holistic Wellness and Stress Management
- Nutrition Education
- Relationship Education and Sexual Violence Prevention
- Sexual Health
- Student Civility Program
The Student Wellness Center is willing to customize a presentation for your group to fit your group needs. Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Located at Ohio Union, Suite 100 1739 North High St. Columbus, OH 43210
Multicultural Center’s mission:
To facilitate the inclusive shared learning experiences of students where all can engage in dialogue, challenge barriers and build collaborative relationships.
Here is a list of the email lists that you can opt into:
- AFAM General List
- American Indian/Indigenous News & Events
- Asian Pacific Islander (API) News & Events
- General MCC News
- Latino Faculty and Staff
- Latino/a News & Community Events
- LGBTQ News & Community Events
- Social Justice Engagement
- Women’s News & Community Events
Another way to stay updated on the Multicultural Center’s events and programming is to check their calendar. Please click here to take a look.
The Multicultural Center has small groups called cohorts. The cohorts take a leadership focus and assist students in developing social support and leadership skills that are critical to becoming world citizens. These cohorts are typically comprised of undergraduates, but are also open to graduate and professional students. Please click here to see a list of cohorts they have and get more information on them.
If you desire to become more multiculturally aware, social justice oriented and supporting diversity and inclusion, the Multicultural Center as several trainings and workshops. Please click here to see their list of education and training programs.
Hosted by our SJE (Social Justice Engagement) team, the Buck-Identity Workshop series examines how issues surrounding social identity, stereotypes and bias affect our community. Participating Buckeyes will leave with a strong framework upon which they can build personal and community accountability, sustainable advocacy, and strong relationships across difference.
The program is designed to create a more inclusive campus by increasing participants’ knowledge about bias, its effect on the campus community, how to address bias and how to best support those experiencing bias. Open Doors is also the first step to maintaining the Ohio State Bias Assessment and Response Team (B.A.R.T) reporting system. Open Doors seeks to normalize reporting of bias on campus so that B.A.R.T. can utilize that information to better serve the campus-wide community in addressing bias as an institution. For more information on B.A.R.T. please click here.
The Multicultural Center also offers HIV/STI Testing. During the Autumn 2018 semester testing will be available Mondays 4-8pm (starting September 6) and Wednesdays 4-8pm. For more information on testing please click here.
The Multicultural Center is one of the places that offers CCS’ Let’s Talk sessions, which are informal session for students who may not need traditional counseling, but would benefit from one on one support and consultation. These sessions are typically 15- 20 mins and are drop-in only. Please check back for Autumn 2018 hours.
Ohio Union Activities Board
Located at 2098 Ohio Union 1739 N. High St Columbus, OH 43210
*This section of the Wellness Suite is focusing on Graduate and Professional Students. For information on undergraduate OUAB activities please click here.
The Ohio Union Activities Board’s mission:
The mission of the Ohio Union Activities Board as the student programming organization at The Ohio State University is to provide diverse programs and events that are educational, entertaining, and thought provoking for the students of the Columbus campus. OUAB strives to create a fun, accessible, and challenging environment for its members that empower each member to change and shape the lives of fellow students while strengthening their own leadership skills and fostering personal growth.
The Graduate and Professional student committee strives to design and execute over 200 programs that are intentionally created to enhance the graduate and professional student experience. The five topic areas that the Grad/Prof student committee strives to target include personal enrichment, professional growth, social engagement, family programs, and special events.
If your department is interested in hosting a Cupcakes and Canvases event, please contact OUAB at email@example.com